Regional Middle East, Lebanon, West Bank and Gaza Strip
Democracy, human rights and gender equality
Democr. particip. & civ. society
Description, goals and expected results
The programme’s overall goal is expected to contribute to:
- Marginalised people living in poverty have democratic influence and improved access to basic rights; and results show that changes towards a sustainable and a more equal society has taken place.
- Enhanced conditions for a better democratic development.
- Empowerment of children and youth in the target group more in line with the UN convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Better self-esteem and resilience among children and youth in targeted areas.
- Improved conditions for a positive development of children and youth in targeted areas
The focus of PGS programme is to strengthen children and youth’s democratic participation and their awareness about their rights at a grassroots level. This will be done through supporting children and youth in need or at risk via educational and social activities, addressing youth employment skills as well as the organisation of young leaders who can influence their communities.